Children’s Ministry Administrator
15 Hours Per Week
Download Job Description PDF
About Citrus Church: We are a United Methodist Church plant based in Winter Garden and Windermere, FL that offers its staff a chance to build a church community, in the third fastest growing community nationwide.
The Church: Citrus Church offers a refreshing invitation to Jesus and desires to deeply invest in and serve the local community. We are supported and have accountability through the United Methodist Church. We believe God is calling us to bring refreshment to our neighbors and to make a long-term impact in this community.
The Position: We’re looking for a Children’s Ministry Administrator with a passion for children 6 weeks to 5th grade to experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ. This person will prepare our Think Orange curriculum for the Sunday classes, and teach in a class on Sundays. The position is part-time, hourly, with clocking in and out.
The Location: Horizon West is nestled among the lakes of Windermere, with the charm of Winter Garden, and the magic of Walt Disney World. Thousands of families are moving to the area, with new commercial offerings springing up constantly. The area provides residents the unique ability to work, live, and play in the same area.
- Responsible for organizing weekly Think Orange Curriculum, creating a weekly schedule with activities around the curriculum, putting together supplies for each activity, and coordinating with the Church Business Administer to ensure weekly teacher/staff/volunteer schedule for each age group, 0 to 2, 3 to 6, and first grade to 5thgrade)
- Lead Set up Person for Children’s Ministry Rooms on Sunday morning, direct parents, teachers, staff, and volunteers through the set up, teaching & tear down process.
- Act as the main teacher for one of the above mentioned age groups each Sunday
- Knowledgeable on Citrus Church Seedling check in, “Planning Center” and help train volunteers and parents on how to maneuver the process.
- Greet parents and children at check in, especially new families as they head to class.
- Follow up with first time visitors (parents of children) by reaching out with a card or email, to thank them for visiting.
- Greet parents and families before worship, and help recruit volunteers asking “have you signed up to serve?’.
- Navigate social media, specifically Facebook as a way to keep in touch with the Citrus Church families with children, post upcoming children/family events, pictures etc.
- Specific office hours three days during the week and access to Citrus Church resource room to prepare lessons and activities.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting on Tuesday mornings with all church staff, for prayer, vision, and sharing updates and concerns with all Citrus Leaders.
- Sunday: 7:30am to 12:30pm (5 hours in set up/worship)
- Monday: 9:30am-1:30pm (4 Hours in office)
- Tuesday: 9:30am-1:30pm (4 Hours in office)
- Thursday: 9:30am-11:30am (2 hours in office/shopping)
- Coordinate with volunteer lead teachers to deliver supply box to them one month in advance.
- Attend Board Meetings and provide childcare either by scheduling a teacher or leading it during all Board meetings.
- Support & Help Create Children’s ministry events throughout the year. Assist in putting together the events, purchasing supplies, and carrying them out.
- Support event chairs, attend & participate in the events checking in, greeting parents and children.
- Be knowledgeable on Citrus Church “Teach Beside Me” program a Mommy/Daddy and Me preschool coop program offered to families in our community.
- Must pass a local & federal background check.
- Ensure all proper background checks are done and approved for any teachers and volunteers for the children’s ministry.
- Must be familiar and knowledgeable and comply with all of the rules put together by the United Methodist Church Conference in the Child/Youth Protection Policy
To Apply: Submit your cover letter, statement of faith and resume to [email protected] Submissions without a cover letter, statement of faith and resume will not be considered.